share this recipe
- 1 cup wholewheat flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg¼ tsp allspice
- ¾ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 90ml Excella Sunflower oil
- ¼ cup plain yoghurt
- 2 apples, peeled and cut into smallish chunks
- ½ cup cranberries
- ¼ cup brown sugar, for sprinkling on top
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a muffin tray with cupcake liners.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients in one bowl, and the egg, oil and yoghurt in another bowl before adding the oil mixture to the flour mixture and mixing thoroughly.
3. Add the apple chunks and cranberries before quickly mixing through, then spoon the muffin batter into the liners.
4. Sprinkle brown sugar over the top of the muffins before baking for 12 – 15 minutes until a toothpick comes out of the muffin clean.