share this recipe
- 100 g sifted cake flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon
- 200 ml ginger beer
- 1 egg, separated
- 1.5 kg hake fillets, cut into 4-6 fillets
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup sifted flour, in which to dip the fish fillets
- 1 litre Excella Sunflower oil, sufficient to deep fry fish
1. Combine all the ingredients except the egg white and mix together.
2. Whisk the egg white to stiff peaks and fold into the batter mixture.
1. Dip the fish into cake flour, shake off all excess flour and then dip into the batter.
2. Drip off excess batter and dip the fish fillets in the flour again.
3. Heat the Excella Sunflower oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot.
4. Fry one or two fillets at a time until golden brown in colour. Drain on absorbent paper.
5. Serve with lemon wedges, slap chips.