share this recipe
- 1kg large potatoes
- 200g flour
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup Excella Sunflower oil
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tub Bocconcini Mozzarella, halved
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
1. To make the gnocchi, first bake the potatoes at 180°C until they’re cooked through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool, before scooping out the flesh and placing in a bowl.
2. In the meantime, place a bowl of salted water on the stove and bring up to boil.
3. Mash the potatoes until smooth and then add the egg and half the flour, mixing together until you have a smooth dough. If you need more flour, you can add it but be careful to not overmix the dough.
4. Roll out into a long shape and cut into 2cm pieces and flatten slightly with a fork. Add to the boiling water and cook for about 1 ½ minutes, until they begin to float. Remove the cooked gnocchi and allow to dry on a kitchen towel.
5. Heat up the Excella Sunflower oil in a large frying pan and fry off the gnocchi until golden brown on each side, about 2 minutes.
6. Add to a bowl and toss together with the cherry tomatoes, mozzarella and torn basil leaves, adding salt and pepper to taste.