share this recipe
- 500g potatoes
- 600g trout fillets
- 3 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp harissa paste
- 125ml flour
- 2 large eggs
- 180ml breadcrumbs
- 4 Tbsp Excella Sunflower oil
- Salt and pepper
1. Season the salmon and steam until just cooked – the trout should be pink in the middle. Remove and allow to cool before flaking.
2. Meanwhile, boil the potatoes for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in the oven for 5 minutes at 180°C.
3. Remove the potatoes from the oven and allow to cool before mashing and mixing with the salt, pepper, harissa paste and parsley. Add the flaked trout to the potato mixture and mix.
4. Portion the potato fish mixture into 6 balls and refrigerate until cool.
5. Whilst the mixture is cooling, beat the eggs and place the breadcrumbs and flour each in separate bowls.
6. Roll the cooled potato fish balls in the flour first, then the eggs and breadcrumbs, before flattening with your hands into puck shapes.
7. Place a frying pan on the stove and heat the Excella Sunflower oil. When hot, fry the fishcakes until golden.
8. Serve with a side salad.