share this recipe
- 15 fresh Jalapeno chillies
- 250g cream cheese
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ cup mozzarella, grated
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup Excella Sunflower oil
- Excella Sunflower oil for deep frying
1. Run the tip of a knife lengthwise up the side of the chillies, keeping the chilli in one piece, and remove the seeds and pith inside.
2. Mix the cream, cheddar and mozzarella cheeses together and add lots of salt and pepper to taste.
3. Spoon the cheese mix into the centre of the jalapenos, pressing the sliced sides of the jalapenos back together.
4. Meanwhile, heat the oil up to 190°C.
5. Dip the chillies in the milk, then the flour, then the breadcrumbs and let them dry for about 10 minutes, before repeating the process. This builds up a nice, crispy shell.
6. Fry the peppers in batches until they’re golden brown, about 4 minutes.