share this recipe
- Yield: 4 – 6 portions
- Difficulty: Easy
- Prep and Cook time: 30 minutes
- 3 Tbsp Excella Sunflower oil
- 1 onion
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 pinch saffron or 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 400g long grain rice
- 1.3L chicken stock
- 200g frozen peas
- 1x400g frozen seafood mix, thawed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper
- Handful of parsley, chopped
1. Heat the Excella Sunflower oil in a deep frying pan and saute the onion before adding the peppers and chorizo. If you’re using the turmeric, add it now, together with the rice, and stir to coat all the ingredients in the pan.
2. Pour in the stock, together with the saffron if you’re using that instead of turmeric, and bring to the boil before taking down to a simmer for 15-20 minutes, giving it a stir every now and again.
3. Once most of the moisture has been absorbed, add the peas and cook for 5 minutes, before adding the seafood mix to warm through, cooking further until the rice is perfectly cooked.
4. Add the lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper, before stirring through the chopped parsley.