share this recipe
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups white wine vinegar
- 1.5 Tbsp salt
- 500g aubergines (look for shiny and firm aubergines)
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 red chili, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup Excella Sunflower oil
1. Combine water, vinegar and salt in a pot and bring to the boil.
2. In the meantime, remove the green stalk from the aubergine, slice in half from top to bottom, then cut each half into 1.5cm slices.
3. Add to the boiling brine solution for 3 minutes, keeping them submerged.
4. While the aubergine is boiling, mix the Excella Sunflower oil with oregano, chilli and garlic.
5. Remove the aubergine from the pot, drain and add to the oil, mixing well.
6. Boil jars for the aubergine in boiling water for 5 minutes before transferring the aubergine pieces to the jars, covering with oil and sealing tightly with lids.