share this recipe
- 4 duck legs, whole
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 orange, quartered
- 4 cloves of garlic, halved
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
- 1 cup Excella Sunflower oil (or more if needed)
- Lettuce, shredded
1. Move your oven rack to the centre of the oven and preheat to 140°C.
2. Season the duck legs with salt and place in a casserole dish.
3. Squeeze the juice of the orange pieces over the duck and place the skins in the dish with the legs. Also add the garlic cloves, onion quarters, bay leaves and cinnamon stick.
4. Pour the Excella Sunflower oil over the surface until everything is covered, and then cover the dish tightly with foil and place in the oven. Cooking until tender, approximately four hours.
5. Once the duck is nice and tender, remove from the oven and take out and discard everything but the duck. Using a fork you can shred the meat into delicious, moist chunks.
6. When you’re ready to serve, place the casserole dish into the oven, under a grill, until the meat is nice and crispy on the top.
7. Place a few pieces into soft tortillas, with shredded lettuce and a dollop of salsa.