share this recipe
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1cm thick strips
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1cm thick strips
- 100g green beans, topped and tailed
- ½ butternut, peeled and cut into 1cm thick strips
- ¾ cup cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 180ml ice cold water
- 2 L Excella Sunflower oil for deep frying
1. Place cake flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and mix to combine.
2. Add the ice water and mix with a knife – make sure to not overmix the batter, rather stir until just combined, even if there are still lumps.
3. In the meantime, heat the oil to 180°C.
4. Dip the vegetables into the batter and place into the oil – cook until they float to the top and are nice and crispy.
5. Serve with a soy dipping sauce.