White Fish Fritters
share this recipe
- 600 g hake fillets, or other white fish
- 300 g potatoes, peeled
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic cloves
- 125 ml freshly chopped parsley
- 1 half lemon, juiced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 pinch salt
- Excella Sunflower oil for deep-frying
- 60 ml coriander or basil leaves, chopped
1. Place fish in a pan, just cover with water and bring to the boil. Remove from stove and allow to cook in residual heat. Drain, remove skin and bones and flake fish with a fork.
2. Cook potatoes until tender, drain, season and mash with a drizzle of Excella Sunflower oil.
3. Combine fish, potatoes and remaining ingredients, season.
4. Heat about 4cm oil in a pan and fry tablespoons of mixture until golden. Drain.
Serve with lemon wedges.